Thursday, May 26, 2011

Here we are in 2011

Two Years Later.....

Time flies when your not updating a blog.
Updates:
Have a web page www.mallorykaynelson.com
Graduated from Carnegie Mellon University with my MFA in Costume Design 2010
Road Tripped from Coast to Coast over 5,000 miles over the summer on my own 2010
Relocated to Los Angeles in Sept 2010
Worked for Civic Light Opera over hire
Rhinestoned Rihanna's tour spanks at Muto Little's
Draping/Patterning/Constructing costumes for transsexual/transgendered website
Trying to figure out what theatre is in LA
Teaching myself how to start a disabled theatre company
Found a group of One Legged Ladies my Chix on Stix

It seems like a lot but it doesn't feel like a lot to me. I've been trying to see what I can do for a living at the same time as keeping it as something that excites me. Seems like there are a lot of obstacles that I can't even see yet. Little afraid of testing the water and finding it to be 20' deep and have it quickly swallow me up.

I think I would like to get into most disability work. From what I've found in LA most of it is geared towards the mentally handicapped and less the physically. I have yet to find some kind of activist group. There seems to be a bit of a void out here in that area. NY, Chicago, and Berkeley seem like the places to be.

At least out here in LA I do have my best friend Ashley which makes all the difference in the world.

More thoughts Later


No comments: